[MPlayer-dev-eng] What is odml good for??

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Jan 23 10:19:43 CET 2005

Hi,
On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 03:26:16AM -0500, The Wanderer wrote:
> The Wanderer wrote:
> >Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> I'd like to be able to keep the volume bar's initial position at about
> the same place it was with the audio filter - but it is much more
> important to be able to raise the volume by a sufficient amount. The
> trade-off in irritation (viz. the annoyingly low initial volume-bar
> position) and convenience (at least half again as many keypresses to get
> to maximum volume) seems minor, but - in part, perhaps, because of the
> degree to which I have been invested in this argument - is, as I said,
> aggravating enough that I'd seriously question whether or not the result
> is actually worth it.

I know it is suboptimal and there is room for improvement - but -
you can still set the initial volume level by including af_volume
explicity (e.g. -af volume=20). Unfortunately the numbers don't fit
together, maybe it would be a good idea to allow to choose a logarithmic
scale for the volume control (but configurable, as I really like it the
way it is now).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger