[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: amd64 -sws 0 fix (iow: playing with NX bit)

Aurelien Jacobs aurel at gnuage.org
Fri Jan 21 18:20:20 CET 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:56:55 -0500
Ian Lindsay <iml at formicary.org> wrote:

> trivial diff to disable NX bit via mprotect().

Very nice ! That's exactly what I was looking for.
But your code has a small problem. The pointer you pass to mprotect
is not aligned on a PAGESIZE (which is required by mprotect).

Here is a new version of this patch with the right alignment.
This makes -sws 0 fully working on amd64 even with NX bit enabled.

I will commit in a few days if nobody's against it.

Aurel