[MPlayer-dev-eng] -nocolorkey as default?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Jan 10 18:29:31 CET 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 04:51:25PM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After a half day of vidix driver debugging, i finally found that
> colorkeying is enabled even without the -colorkey option being used.
> And by default it's set to 00ff00, ie green.
> Is this the intended behaviour? Most users will get no picture
> when trying -vo cvidix or -vo fbdev:vidix, unless they find out
> they also need -nocolrkey option! (like me...)
>
> Afair, when we added -colorkey option for the mga_vid driver,
> it was disabled by default. Why is it enabled now?

I agree totally that this behavior is broken, but arguing about it has
gotten nowhere in the past. The real problem is that we need two
different colorkey options: one for vo's where colorkeying makes sense
(windowed ones where MPlayer actually controls painting the colorkey)
and another for console-type vo's where the user is required to ensure
that the colorkey is already there before mplayer starts. The former
should default to on; the latter to off.

Alternatively, the colorkey option could be given more states, with a
default state that's neither on nor off, but dependent on the vo
selected.

Rich