[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: New remove-logo filter

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Feb 25 20:43:24 CET 2005

Hi,
On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 10:08:17AM -0800, Trent Piepho wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > Look at my pgm-loading code in this thread, it can be use with almost
> > zero modification for RGB ppm images, and it's less than 50 lines of pur
>
> But the deblendlogo filter uses an alpha channel, and ppm images don't support
> alpha.

ppm for color + pgm for alpha. And yes, it is possible to create this
with gimp (or in the worst case with tifftopnm), the other way round
seems a bt more complicated.
Also it is even more obvious how you can use the mask for the one for
the other *g*.
A separate alpha image might be better for the delogo filter speedwise,
when most of the image doesn't contain the image - alpha only has a
better chance to fit in cache.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger