[MPlayer-dev-eng] New remove-logo filter

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Feb 23 23:38:25 CET 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 12:54:55PM -0800, Trent Piepho wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > Hi,
> > On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 01:55:21AM -0500, Yartrebo wrote:
> > > Hi, and sorry, but I forgot one of the files in the diff patch. This one
> > > goes into libmpcodecs.
> >
> > I really think you should simplify the code a lot. First of all I think
> > you should use raw grayscale instead of tga image, reading it in should
> > the need no more that around 6 lines.
>
> Since mplayer is probably already linked with libpng, wouldn't it be easy to
> support png images?

imo it's extra bloat and little point. we could also support all kinds
of images... but unless/until mplayer has a common image-loader api,
it's really ugly bloat to put all kinds of image-loaders (and all the
#ifdefs needed to check for each crappy lib) in every single filter
that needs to load an image file...

rich