[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mplayer: PT_GNU_STACK RWE

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 23 19:19:51 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 18:36 +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 12:19:17PM -0500, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
>>
>> Tell me which options you'd like me to try to disable binary codec
>> support...
>
>./configure --disable-win32 --disable-dshow --disable-qtx --disable-xanim --disable-real

Ok fair enough - no binary codecs, no RWE.
So one possible solution is to compile mplayer without binary codec
support. The problem is that Fedora users will download the one at
Livna.org, which has binary codec support, and it won't work with strict
policy. It won't even start, whether they have binary codecs, or not.

So, seems like the solution is that legacy rules will stay,
under a boolean, false by default for the "secure environment".

Dwalsh, how about: allow_mplayer_legacy around the
mplayer legacy rules? I mean all of them, not just legacy_domain().

--
Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu>
Cornell University