[MPlayer-dev-eng] Can MPLAYER demux conveying a SL stream in PES over mpeg2-ts stream?

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Wed Feb 23 00:33:31 CET 2005

Hi,
I looked at those samples.
In mbc.ts video seems to be contained in pid 80, audio in 64.
If pid 80 contains H264 then it seems it's not in bytestream format
(e.g. NAL units preceded by the classical 0x000001 3 bytes).
If so, I wonder if libavcodec's h264 decoder can even decode it.
Can you confirm?

Audio seems to be in frames beginning with 0x00 00 03 71. Does anyone
know what it is?
Faad doesn't seems to recognize it as AAC.

In kbs.mpg video is still in pid 80 but preceded by 0x 00 00 01 2x start
codes.

There's an additional problem:
reading your description of the SL header posted saturday I can't find a
way to
identify the codec used, yet SL can be used (as stated in the specs) to
transport
mpeg4video, too.
So how to tell which is which?
Are there descriptors specific to mpeg4 and h264 stored in the PMT ?

    Nico