[MPlayer-dev-eng] Soft volume clip methods

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Tue Feb 22 23:22:03 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 11:59 -0600, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
> [...]

Just FYI, this is the new softvol PCM plugin for alsa-lib.  In the new
ALSA this is used to create the volume control for (cheap) devices that
can't do it in hardware.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/alsa/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_softvol.c?rev=1.9&view=markup

I'm not really a DSP expert but I figured this might be of interest with
the various software volume related threads.  Any comments on it would
be welcome.

Lee