[MPlayer-dev-eng] bug: repaints vs. double buffering

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Thu Feb 17 20:55:24 CET 2005

On Thursday 17 February 2005 21:50, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> moin,
>
> mplayer (-vo xv) seems to switch the output buffer on every repaint,
> even when the image is still (movie paused). looks somewhat funny ...
That's not a bug, it has to do with the fact that xv is hardware accelerated
and uses double buffering.
This only happens when the image is paused, if it really bothers you, you can
use either '-vo x11' (not a good idea) or '-nodouble' (not a good idea).

> btw, what is currently the best address for bug reports? adv-users is
> gone from the home page, even though it exists ...
TBH, I'm not sure... I'm pretty sure not here though.

- ods15