[MPlayer-dev-eng] Need help with this H264 patch

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Wed Feb 16 23:02:54 CET 2005

Hi,
I wrote this patch to autodetect the fps of H264 video when it's in
other containers
than AVI, but I stumbled on a problem I can't fix:
in h264_parse_vui() the values of time_scale and time_units
are almost always reported wrong.

I added some debug statement in libavcodec/h264.c to print most of sps
and vui
values read from the bitstream, and I could match all fields up to (but
excluding) the said
timing values. I don't really understand what I did wrong.

Can someone give a look at the code, please?

Thanks,
    Nico