[MPlayer-dev-eng] c++ version of mplayer.c

Jan Volf javol at volny.cz
Fri Feb 11 22:06:43 CET 2005

On 11.2.2005, at 19:06, Martin Drab wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Martin Drab wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Jan Volf wrote:
>>
>>> Anyway, it means running the mplayer separately from GUI and
>>> it is odd.
>>
>> I'd rather say "more universal" than "odd". ;)
>
> It makes possible to write the GUI in whatever crappy language you
> decide
> (C++, Java, Perl, Python, ... or whatever the GUI guys like the most)
> without polluting MPlayer's sources with that. And I consider that
> quite important.

Hmm, it seem that our personal feelings are quite different. Anyway I
don't want to pollute code of mplayer with my GUI code. All I want to
do is completely opposite, remove any UI code from mplayer's core code,
separating the high level (UI) code from low level (core) and create
some kind of interface between them. The present mplayer's code is
polluted (like you're saying) with CLI UI code and even with GTK UI
code. All is mixed together with mplayer's core code - quite a mess :).
Then I can simply take that code and incorporate it in to my GUI code
and produce nice well-behaved application for OS that I'm developing
for. And I thought that someone would welcome it and write the same way
the GUI for his favorite OS and so on for another OSes.
I don't think it's a bad idea, don't you?

Jan Volf
MPlayer OS X developer