[MPlayer-dev-eng] 3 pass encoding syntax poll

Zoltan Hidvegi mplayer at hzoli.2y.net
Fri Feb 11 21:22:26 CET 2005

Martin Drab wrote:
> > Also, I think bad things can happen if you use nosound on one pass and
> > oac copy on another.
>
> I do just that, and, so far, haven't seen any problem with that.

-oac copy can cause frame skip/drop to maintain A/V sync.  If you use
harddup, you can end up with more frames than in your log file, and
you will get an assertion failure.  If you do not use harddup, or you
have no dups, but have skips, then the encoding will not fail, but the
quality will be suboptimal.

Zoli