[MPlayer-dev-eng] 3 pass encoding syntax poll

Andreu Escudero canuda10 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 17:24:18 CET 2005

> The fact that the current syntax confuses many people is proof enough
> that simplification is in order.
Putting a better explanation with some example in the manual should be
enough to avoid all confisions.

> I haven't seen you make any valid point in this discussion apart from
> "It works for me and I don't want to change my habits."
I have changed my habits quite a few times (changing from -vop reverse
order to -vf straight order for example) in things that make sense.
No one has provided an alternative method of doing the N-pass
encodings that makes sense. I have been since the first message on
this thread was posted about an alternative method of doing an N-pass
encoding that was better than the actual and I haven't been able to
find it.

There are only 3 possibilities: 1 - create a log file (first pass), 2
- read a log file (second pass), 3 - read and refine a log file (Nth
pass), so having 3 possibilities is the only way which makes sense...
call the Nth pass with vpass=3 or with vpass=multi, it doesn't mind...

--
Das Experimental Kunstwerk