[MPlayer-dev-eng] c++ version of mplayer.c

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Thu Feb 10 10:01:55 CET 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 12:54:27PM -0500, Hugo DesRosiers wrote:
> I've made an object-oriented version of the mplayer core file a while
> ago, to simplify working on control and main logic flow.  The intent
> was to work on a better job control and start bringing in
> multi-threading / distributed processing features in mencoder.  I
> haven't pursued this since, as I was too busy, but now I have some free
> time and I could work on it once more.  I include it to give you an
> idea of what it looks like after a first pass.

Well, nice, but it will be also nice to recode MPlayer in python,
in perl, or even in PHP ... Also this comment will sounds as flame,
you SHOULD think about it: what is the advantage of 'recode' mplayer
in a different language, if it works well written in C? C++ does not
bring ANY usefull feature, but many coders (like me) does not know
coding in C++ only C.

- Gabor