[MPlayer-dev-eng] 3 pass encoding syntax poll

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Wed Feb 9 22:18:29 CET 2005

Hi,
Le mercredi 09 février 2005 à 18:42 +0100, Martin Drab a écrit :

> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Oded Shimon wrote:
>
> > I agree on this, but I have to admit, I read the man page over and over and I
> > was still left confused (when is turbo meant to be used? On 1st of 3 pass or
> > 1st of 2 pass?).
>
> Could be on both, it just disables some CPU hungry options, nothing more.

By the way: How many people actually use lavc's turbo mode? Are you
globally happy with it?
I do think there still is some room for improvement. When I implemented
it, I did a global and frame-by frame PSNR comparison and and noticed
very little PSNR difference, but and wasn't able to notice any artefacts
on the video which first pass was ran with turbo mode.

Can anybody give me some feedbacks about that feature?

Regards,
Guillaume