[MPlayer-dev-eng] VIA Mplayer fork

Jiri Svoboda jiri.svoboda at seznam.cz
Mon Feb 7 14:37:38 CET 2005

> > > just for info - VIA forked MPlayer for they CLE266 architecture...
> > >
> > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/vemp
> >
> > yeah, and as Ivor Hewitt already said in the Unichrome
> mailing list...
> > Patching the base X11 and FB vo modules with "vmi_"
> additions rather
> > than adding new video out drivers. nice.
>
> uhh.
> also note, that i'm also working on cle266 support (in g2),
> sponsored by
> some small company here. maybe i'll be able to make a clean port/mix
> of the via drivers for g1 in the near future.

Let me ask some questions about CLE266 support (current and in
development)... And current state of drivers

1) Framebuffer support (not X based) - is there hw accel for decoding of
mpeg(4) available for framebuffer (directfb, svgalib...)?
-As of today all I've seen was X based only
Brief look at "new" via driver: VIA has framebuffer support via new driver

2) MPEG4/divx hw decoding support (I do not count hw color
conversion&overlay) - is there any?
-As of today only mpeg2 is supported
Brief look at "new" via driver: readme says that some mpeg4 support is
available in their drivers

May I ask somebody to correct me :-)

			JS