[MPlayer-dev-eng] Postproc Hell..

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Wed Feb 2 12:17:28 CET 2005

Romain Dolbeau wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>
>> Feel free to come up with an FAQ entry, but the problem is that we
>> lack a good answer..
>

> #pragma troll on
>
> Q: Feature "xyz" doesn't work/produce bad results in linux/ppc
> A: Use MacOS X
>
> #pragma troll reset
>
> couldn't resist, sorry :-)

The later fsf-gcc at least on linux seems to produce correct altivec
code, given you code it the right way (that could be not necessary the
apple-gcc right way)

Not really sure if the AmigaOS4 problem is related to the gcc (seems
not..) or other.

Actually I had an hardware failure with my main ppc system so I didn't
do much work there lately, but doesn't look that there were altivec
related commits in that time. Last time I checked everything was ok with
gcc-3.4.2 fsf

FAQ item:

#include <flame.h>

Q: I'm using a wierd closed source OS with a patched gcc from
${somewhere} and I'm having issue with mplayer that I consider related
to the changes in some architecture specific code.

A: Use the very latest mplayer AND libav* code. Find the exact change
that made the problem appear.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Manager
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero