[MPlayer-dev-eng] check for XFree86-VidModeExtension broken for xfree 3.3.x

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Feb 1 12:07:15 CET 2005

Trent Piepho writes:
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > Trent Piepho writes:
> > > The XFree86-VidModeExtension extension isn't detected, when it used to be
> > > in older versions of mplayer.  This is problematic, as xfree 3.3.x doesn't
> > > have DGA2 to switch modes.  This patch fixes it.
> > >
> > > +  _xf86xk=no
> >
> > You add a check so you should also add --disable and --enable options
> > to configure.
>
> Ok, here is an updated patch.  IMHO, the multi-media keyboard support is such
> a minor thing it's not really worth the clutter of another configure option.

You could argue that, but I think we should be consistent.

> +if test "$_x11" = yes && test "$_xk" != no ; then

This will run autodetection when _xk is set to "yes" or "auto".  It
should only run autodetection in the "auto" case, "yes" is for
overriding autodetection.

Patch rejected.

> +  _xf86xk=no

Why two different variables _xk and _xf86xk?  I prefer the latter as
it is more expressive.

Diego