[MPlayer-dev-eng] Lots of stuff for NUT

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Sat Dec 31 15:46:55 CET 2005

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 04:27:59PM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> +    syncpoints MUST be placed immediately before a keyframe if more
> +    than max_distance passed since previous keyframe of the same stream,
> +    unless the timestamp to be set for this syncpoint is identical to the
> +    last syncpoints's timestamp. In which case, the syncpoint is to be put
> +    immediately BEFORE the timestamp will change. (So it will still have
> +    the same timestamp)

Damn, I just realized, this is impossible to fullfill.
PTS of syncpoints depends on the frames right AFTER them, not the frames
before. :/ So you can't know in advance when the pts of the syncpoint will
change.

Maybe PTS of syncpoints should be the mts of frame right BEFORE the
syncpoint, not after? I think that's ok..

- ods15