[MPlayer-dev-eng] Four small patches addressing build problems

Guillaume Poirier docmaintainerwannabe at laposte.net
Mon Dec 26 10:45:01 CET 2005

Hi,

Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> attached please find four small patches for various (build) problems I
> encountered when building MPlayer-1.0pre7try2.
>
> Yes I know, I should have gotten the most recent CVS version and patched
> against that one. But since the patches (1) are rather short and (2)
> equally
> apply to MPlayer-1.0pre7 and MPlayer-1.0pre7try2, that shouldn't cause any
> problems.

God, I don't know what should be done with those. If I'm not mistaken,
the policy of the team is to not release any patched revision of a
release unless there is a security problem to address.

Here, you insist on providing [good] patches on a release we do not support.

Could it be possible to just apply those patches, and make a source
tarball with either the same name or calling it MPlayer-1.0pre7try2?

After all, what's the harm?

Guillaume