[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCH: man page for -vo xvmc

Norman Ramsey nr at eecs.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 20 19:27:36 CET 2005

 > > +.RS
 > > +N.B. using the
 > > +.B xvmc
 > > +driver disables
 > > +.I all
 > > +video filters.
 > > +Most video filters will make MPlayer crash; others (such as -vf pp=3D...=
 > )
 > > +will be silently disabled.
 > > +.RE
 >
 > I'm not sure this patch is correct.
 > At least MPlayer crashing shouldn't be documented but fixed :P
 > And please make difference between abort and segfault.

I'm afraid I don't know how to implement such a fix.
What would constitute a 'difference between abort and segfault'?
In at least one case (-vf screenshot), MPlayer ends and leaves the tty
in an incorrect state (rawio).  I describe this behavior as a 'crash'
but will be happy to provide a better description if instructed how to
do so.

Norman