[MPlayer-dev-eng] PPC and x86 dll

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Dec 20 16:21:33 CET 2005

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 03:28:19PM -0100, Andrea Palmatè wrote:
> At 09:26 20/12/2005, you wrote:
> >How you want to run an x86 binary on a different architecture without
> >processor emulation is beyond me, but you might wish to have a look at
> >the PPC codec packages I created recently.
>
> I know that a layer like wine should be exists to run PPC code.

Precisely this is where you misunderstand things.

You cannot run Intel x86 binaries on a PowerPC, you need to have
processor emulation.  Wine is - more or less - an operating system
emulator.  What you would need is both Wine AND a processor emulator.

> However where i can find this codecs? i've search
> into ftp but i've found nothing

http://mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/codecs.html

Diego