[MPlayer-dev-eng] poll idea (and the results will be useful for packagers)

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 15 03:38:29 CET 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 12:21:39PM +0100, Paul TT wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:29:03 +0100
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org> wrote:
>
> > Here's an idea: let's make a poll where users can mark compile-time
> > selectable MPlayer features that they use, i.e. VOs, AOs and
> additional
> > features like Theora, DTS, menu, LIVE555 etc.
> >
> > Rationale: after some discussion with different package maintainers
> > it seems most of them enable everything they can. While I disagree
> > with this, I find the feature set we've agreed on a bit limited.
> > For example, I compile MPlayer with DTS and LIVE555 for myself, which
> > I guess makes me a bit of a hypocrite. ;)
> >
> > So the point of the poll would be to see what should be enabled by
> > default in the official binary packages.
> >
> > Obviously the poll would need to be web-based for greater
> accessibility.

Sorry to spam this thread, Paul TT, you've got to fix your mailer already,
make it NOT wrap quoted lines somehow, which is extremely annoying. If you
don't realize, on most mailers all lines starting with '> ' are colored in
some way, in all your mails there are many annoying wraps which make your
mails very hard to read, hard to see which parts of the mail you wrote and
which are just wrapped lines gone mad.

- ods15