[MPlayer-dev-eng] [SURVEY] change mencoder's default ofilename extension?

Reimar at mplayerhq.hu Reimar at mplayerhq.hu
Wed Dec 14 10:19:05 CET 2005

Hi,
> +	extension=strrchr(out_filename,'.');
> +	if (extension != NULL && strlen(extension) > 1)

I don't think the > 1 check is really necessary, though I do not mind
it.

> +		if (out_file_format == MUXER_TYPE_AVI)

Hmmm... would a switch/case work here? I'd say it would be easier to
extend... Also, another idea would be adding a check_extension function
to the muxers, maybe we could even support libavformat correctly with
that *g* (but maybe not worth the effort)

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger