[MPlayer-dev-eng] new gui

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Sun Dec 11 21:06:22 CET 2005

Rich Felker wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 02:37:12PM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
>
> I don't like it. Rendering widgets onto the movie surface has the
> following two major problems:
>
> - it will look like utter crap on low-resolution movies (think 160x112
>   or even 64x64)
>
> - on high resolution movies it's a HUGE performance hit due to
>   additional memcpy of the whole frame along with the alpha blending.
>   afaik there is no workaround for this (i studied it heavily during
>   mplayer g2 development before it was abandoned).

A solution is put the movie as separate overlay and keep the osd surface
  with customizable sizes.

Not sure fi the mplayer as canvas approach could do that but the "use a
canvas approach can use it with ease.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Leader
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero