[MPlayer-dev-eng] new gui

Benjamin Zores ben at tutuxclan.org
Sun Dec 11 15:16:03 CET 2005

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:46:06 +0200
ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org wrote:

> > To sum up the idea is to use what's already present in mplayer to act as
> > canvas itself, using the current event routines and stumble on the
> > architectural limits of mplayer.

absolutely, MPlayer is powerpufl enough to be used as a canvas.

> > - 1 one of the most dreaded issue I see currently is the lack of
> > xdnd/copy on mouse select support in certain widgets of certain
> > applications (eclipse, ooo and gaim to a degree), add the problem in

That was one of our big issue to be solved.
We can of course draw a widget that represents the mouse and according to its position
on the screen towards others widgets you can determine if the widget below is focusable or not.

> > - 2 complex widgets will be a pain to prepare. (do we need them?)

we currently were stuck with these complex widgets (combo list, check box ...) that would
have been used for configuration stuff.

> How does mouse support work in all of this?..

it doesn't but currently MPlayer truely lacks of mouse support too (except for buttons,
but i don't remember having seen support for mouse motion, correct me if i'm wrong).

> BTW, did anyone notice we kind of already HAVE this? -menu :)

Totally agree with that, libmenu is what we currently uses but it can't be considered as a real gui.
You may see mpui as a libmenu V2 :-)

Ben

--
"My life, and by extension everyone else's is meaningless."
Bender, Futurama