[MPlayer-dev-eng] new gui

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Sun Dec 11 14:37:12 CET 2005

Benjamin Zores wrote:
[snip]

To sum up the idea is to use what's already present in mplayer to act as
canvas itself, using the current event routines and stumble on the
architectural limits of mplayer.

The idea is nice, beside some problems:

- 1 one of the most dreaded issue I see currently is the lack of
xdnd/copy on mouse select support in certain widgets of certain
applications (eclipse, ooo and gaim to a degree), add the problem in

- 2 complex widgets will be a pain to prepare. (do we need them?)

- 3 can't have a mini mode or a corner mode for audio only media.

Looks an interesting idea anyway =)

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Leader
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero