[MPlayer-dev-eng] help:Is it a bug or I make a mistake

Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet reynaldo at opendot.cl
Tue Dec 6 06:57:41 CET 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 07:23:55AM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 10:28:01PM -0300, Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 08:08:15PM +0800, chensongke wrote:
> > > hello. May I ask a question . I find out that when I open two or more movies in a time , then I can't appoint a EDL for each of them .
> > > for example:
> > > when I just open one movie ,I will use ./mplayer myavi.avi -edl myaviedl ,the edl act in the right way
> > > but when I want to open two movies ,I type : ./mplayer myavi1.avi -edl myaviedl1 myavi2.avi  -edl myaviedl2, but the second edl doesn't work.Could you tell me why.Thanks very much.
> >
> > No, is not a bug
> > yes, you made a mistake
>
> No, it is a bug.. One I meant to fix quite a while ago (when I FIRST messed
> with the EDL code) and i'm surprised I still haven't fixed it.
> The bug - even though -edl is a per-file option, that code that handles it
> in mplayer.c is in the global section.
>
> To prevent yourself from making suck mistakes reynaldo, try to describe
> where he made a mistake. :) (Except for posting in the wrong list and
> sending such an annoying digest mail or whatever that was...)

From the jargon file:

Bug:

" An unwanted and unintended property of a program or piece of hardware,
esp. one that causes it to malfunction."

From the home page:

MPlayer-users: general support mailing list for questions related to
MPlayer and bug reports

edl not working with multiple -edl flags passed to it, is a missing
implementation, not a bug. I may had taked the time to explain this,
maybe in other ml, this isnt the place to report problems this is the
place to discuss solutions. The only BUG I see here is the missed warning
on the manpage.

Best regards.

  Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet