[MPlayer-dev-eng] New Features

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Fri Aug 26 20:18:08 CEST 2005

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 07:11:01PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> Hi,
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 04:14:42PM +0200, oliver.henning at nextiraone.de wrote:
> > Slave interface:
> > ----------------------
> >
> > - get_time_pos    current position as time in 1/10th second precision
> >   [get_percent_pos is not precise enough as 1% of a long movie can mean
> > time resolution of 1 minute or more]
>
> Huh? that function is available in CVS, what is the problem with it? Or
> did you only test pre7?

Personally, what I'm more interested is in making the -identify's ID_LENGTH
into a float, not an int...

> > - get_playing       2== paused 1 == playing   0 == not playing
>
> If you don't use -quiet you can parse the statusline output. Doing it
> differently is difficult because the main loop is not executed when
> MPlayer is paused. And currently MPlayer does not have a not playing
> state I think?

There was some patch i made a long time ago for KotH, -slave-idle (or was
it finally renamed to -idle ?), I still have it, KotH promised he would
apply it. :) I'll check if it still applies nicely, I think it was good...

> > -fit   <width>:<height>  rescale the image to fit into the given width
> > and height, preserving aspect ratio (just like manually resizing the
> > MPlayer window with the mouse)
> > -move <left>:<top>  move MPlayer window
>
> Not sure if those two shouldn't preferably be implemented via the -wid
> interface (though I know this is difficult to use from e.g. Java).

I agree, both of those sound like a job for -wid ...

> > Command line options
> > ---------------------------------
> >
> > -no_window_decoration
>
> Might be nice to have, though there is no guarantee it will work, since
> it depends on the window manager.
>
> > -fit   <width>:<height>  rescale the image to fit into the given width
> > and height, preserving aspect ratio (just like manually resizing the
> > MPlayer window with the mouse)
>
> -screenwidth/-screenheight or some of the other options might actually do it...

and vf_dsize ...

-vf dsize=800:600:0

and if necessary

-vf dsize=800:600:0,scale=0:0