[MPlayer-dev-eng] An audio filter for MPlayer to use Winamp DSP plugins

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Aug 26 10:28:53 CEST 2005

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 03:56:12PM +0800, Stanley wrote:
> No matter what u called those plugins, junk or anything else, Winamp
> plugins are very huge resources and some of which are excellent work.
> Poping up a configuration window isn't a must as MPlayer mostly doesn't
> come with a GUI, actually configuration can be done by modifying
> plugins.ini file. I myself is enjoying this wonderful feature right now
> with enhanced the audio effects done by Winamp plugins.

Depending on binaryware winamp plugins is not the way to achieve this
effect. All of the worthwhile transformations performed by them are
well-documented in papers on the subject, and should not be hard to
reimplement. However I would suggest waiting for the new libavmunge
rather than writing filters for the horribly buggy libaf..

Rich