[MPlayer-dev-eng] mencder problem on x86_64

don fisher dfisher at as.arizona.edu
Fri Aug 26 07:03:02 CEST 2005

I have tried to encode a sequence of tga files on both an Opteron and
P4 system. The command executes under the P4 system without incident.
I receive a segfault with the Opteron. I have downloaded the CVS and
built my own version as suggested. All of the RPM versions I have
tried and my own demonstrate the same problem.

I have attached the output when running mencoder under gdb. The
initial command, a bactrace and the section of code at line 2i07 of
rgb2rgb_template.c. The last is my lengthy mencoder command.

Please advise as to how I may assist in resolving this problem. It has
been awhile since I coded machine language (P2 era) so I am a bit rusty.

Thanks for your help
don
|    Don Fisher				  dfisher at as.arizona.edu  |
|    Steward Observatory		  			  |
|    933 N. Cherry Ave.    		  VOICE: (520)888-7613	  |
|    University of Arizona		                          |
|    Tucson, AZ  85721                				  |