[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer OS X

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Thu Aug 25 02:53:02 CEST 2005

On Thursday 25 August 2005 00:19, Nicolas Plourde wrote:
> Unless someone came up with a unified interface for all platform
> supported by mplayer.
> I dont think its a good idea to add osx specific ui code inside
> mplayer it would be better
> to extend the slave mode.

I totally agree. I'll send a bottle of coke (for enjoyment offcourse :) )
to the person who dares to completely remove the GUI code from MPlayer.
Then we could either adopt an existing front-end as the official gui, or
write a new one ourself from scratch or based on the current GTK+ code. If
there's stuff that can be done with the current gui and is impossible
through slave mode, it should be made possible :)  I would vote for a GUI
front-end from scratch with a toolkit that's as multiplatform as possible.
Maybe wxWindows. That would give us a unified GUI for Linux, Windows, Mac
OS, *BSD, Solaris, Irix, etc... with the same codebase.

Hmm, maybe we should reverse the order. First write a decent official GUI
front-end that can compete with the current intertwined GUI code and then
ditch the gtk+ code :-)

--Ivo