[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer OS X

Nicolas Plourde nicolas.plourde at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 13:37:52 CEST 2005

On 23-Aug-05, at 8:53 PM, Micah Gideon Modell wrote:

> Has the MPlayer OS X project been merged back in with this one?  It
> appears that the works available on this site are more recent than
> those on the MPlayer OS X site and everyone I've heard from there
> seems to think the project there is dead.  I'd like to add
> AppleScript support to the application, but I'd rather like to do
> it on a currently active variant of the project.
>
> Thanks for all your help!

Yes the project at mplayerhq is more recent and is merging eith the
project at sourceforge.
You can get the latest source from cvs;

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer co -P
mplayerosx

to build the project you will need to setup something like this;

/mplayer (source dir)
/mplayer/main (mplayer cvs source)
/mplayer/main_noaltivec (mplayer cvs source configured with --disable-
altivec)
/mplayer/mplayerosx (mplayerosx cvs source)

configure and build mplayer in main and main_noaltivec
go to the mplayerosx dir and do make or make dist to create a .dmg of
mplayerosx
you can also use the xcode 2.1 project the old one is not working.

good luck

====
Nicolas Plourde <nicolas.plourde at gmail.com>