[MPlayer-dev-eng] An audio filter for MPlayer to use Winamp DSP plugins

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Tue Aug 23 18:29:02 CEST 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 11:45:15AM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Tuesday, 23 August 2005 at 11:35, Stanley wrote:
> > I've written an audio filter for MPlayer to use Winamp DSP plugins
> > (multiple DSP plugins can be stacked). Currently it only works on Win32.
> > Download it here:
> > http://base.3322.org/dev/mp-wadsp.zip
>
> Send a patch following our guidelines. Even so, the code should be portable,
> so most probably it won't be accepted until it works at least on Linux,
> too. Maybe you could use our win32 loader to do the job?

I've never heard of someone using Winamp DSP plugins in linux, I don't
think portability is an issue here as it's really meant to only work on
Win32... I guess it working on Linux would be kind of nice since these are
just filters, but if using the loader is buggy/excessive hassle, it's not
worth it.

- ods15