[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] including x264 with MPlayer tarballs

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Mon Aug 22 21:29:03 CEST 2005

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 8/22/05, Jindrich Makovicka <makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz> wrote:
>>I have x264 CVS compilation inside mencoder integrated in my build
>>script for about half a year (together with Theora & FAAC). I can send a
>>patch if you like.
>
> Sure, I'd love that!

Ok.. buildmplayer is the actual build script. Just cut out the X264
section, ignore the rest. The other files are the contents of the
~/devel/patches/mplayer-x264/ directory, which are used in the script.
CVS checkout of X264 is expected to be in ~/CVS/x264/x264/. So when run,
the script should make x264 subdirectory in MPlayer build, copy x264
into it, create the x264 Makefile and patch configure and MPlayer's
Makefile.

Issues: 1) NASM detection is pretty fake. It should at least assemble
some trivial input.

2) The patch makes mencoder dependent on X11 when it is available,
because of the x264 visualization. Maybe the visialization should be
made optional.

Regards,
--
Jindrich Makovicka