[MPlayer-dev-eng] version information in mplayer binary

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Sat Aug 20 06:00:33 CEST 2005

On Saturday 20 August 2005 03:36, Jan Knutar wrote:
> On Friday 19 August 2005 09:26, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > You can even run mplayer --version, then you won't get the long help
> > text below. You only have to ignore the "Unknown option" part *g*
>
> Might be an idea to actually add the -version, bind it to no-op or
> something, as this same subject seems to reappear every year :)

Just add something like:

{"version", "Version: "VERSION"\n", CONF_TYPE_PRINT, 0, 0, 0 NULL},

to mplayer_opts[] in cfg-mplayer.h. And for --version, add the same with
"-version".

But anyway, I don't see why this is needed though. If any{body,script} needs
to know the version, just run mplayer as it is and it's right there in the
output.

--Ivo