[MPlayer-dev-eng] downmixing DD 5.1 stream to Dolby Pro Logic matrix

Zoltan Hidvegi mplayer at hzoli.2y.net
Fri Aug 12 21:59:59 CEST 2005

Hannes Tarien wrote:
> So, I looked the sourcecode of mplayer liba52 decoding part and
> discovered that when downmixing to Dolby, lfe channel is just skipped.
> diff -ru main/liba52/resample_c.c main-modified/liba52/resample_c.c

You are looking at the wrong code.  Downmixing is done, interestingly
enough, in downmix.c.  resample.c converts from planar float samples
to interleaved integer format.  Your patch is wrong, I do not remember
exactly what downmix.c does, nor I have time to look it up, but if you
think something is wrong, search there.

Zoli