[MPlayer-dev-eng] [CFTWWI] VF logodetect/logoremove

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Fri Aug 12 16:55:11 CEST 2005

On Thursday 11 August 2005 23:28, Shachar Raindel wrote:
> On 8/11/05, Ivo <ivop at euronet.nl> wrote:
> > You're right it's not usable for realtime processing. It needs
> > thousands of itterations.
>
> Can't one use estimations based on the fact we are processing a video?
> i.e.  do the full processing in the first round, than use these values
> as the initial values for the next round, or maybe even as the final
> values (after applying mc), saving precious time?

I assume by round, you mean the encoding pass of an n-pass encoding? Having
to run the regularization pde algorithm three times would not be necessary.
You could run the pde filter once and write the output to disk in a
lossless format. Then, you use that file as input for your n-pass encoding.
You'll need some diskspace ofcourse :)

> Also, can't one make the process parallel, so that one could get a
> nice small swarm of computers, each processing one frame for an hour,
> and if we have 1000 of them, it is about 3.6 seconds/frame, which is
> not that bad if one wish to get high quality.

I suppose you could, especially if you write the output losslessly to disk
as described above (all I-frames). You could split the source file in 1000
portions of frames, have each node work on that and write it all to the
same NFS partition. The main computer then merges all these files back to
one and starts encoding it as usual.

--Ivo