[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] mphq problems

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Aug 5 04:23:48 CEST 2005

Attila Kinali wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 16:29:24 +0200 Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch>
> wrote:
>
>> After this is done, i will check the mplayer mailinglists for
>> damage and try to restore what's possible. (note, that i cannot do
>> the same for the ffmpeg mailinglists, as i'm not their admin, but i
>> can help with it)
>
> Ok, i checked all mailinglist config, which should be ok now. I could
> not check the users list as we do not have a backup of those. If you
> think that you do not get mails of a mailinglist anymore, you have to
> resubscribe (note: nearly all users of mplayer-cvslog have to
> resubscribe as it's database was completely trashed)

Of course, this is not a completely reliable test; a lack of messages
could equally well mean simply that none have been posted. There is,
however, a way to be certain: go to the mailing list subscription page
on mplayerhq.hu and attempt to view the subscribers list. Since that
list is only available to list members, if it won't let you see the list
then you are not subscribed.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.