[MPlayer-dev-eng] TiVo ty files crash pre7 and beyond, patch enclosed

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Apr 30 21:52:01 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 11:41:47AM -0700, Kevin Seghetti wrote:
> Between pre6a and pre7 the code to remap the sound stream type was
> removed from libmpdemux/demuxer.c for both DEMUXER_TYPE_MPEG_TY and
> DEMUXER_TYPE_MPEG_PS. I couldn't find anything on the mailing lists
> discussing this, so I don't know why.

It was moved by the switch_audio patch to demux_mpg.c, the
new_audio_stream function.
So re-adding it doesn't pose a problem in the PS case, though having the
same code twice is ugly, since bugs tend to be fixed in only one,
leading to chaos in the long term :-(
Better suggestions welcome (btw how similar are those mpg-ish demuxers,
can't they share some code??)

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger