[MPlayer-dev-eng] CYGWIN reading a dvd from a directory

Joseph Miller joseph at tidetamerboatlifts.com
Wed Apr 27 20:10:50 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 26 April 2005 8:49 am, Bjorn.Hermansson at teliasonera.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to suggest to modify file libmpdvdkit2/dvd_reader.c to make
> Mplayer able to play a dvd from a hard drive directory when compiled in the
> CYGWIN environment. The modifications seen when using diff
>
> $ diff /MPlayer-20050421/libmpdvdkit2/dvd_reader.c
> /MPlayer-20050426/libmpdvdki t2/dvd_reader.c | more
> 48c48
> < #elif defined(__linux__) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
> ---
>
> > #elif defined(__linux__)
>
> 323c323
> < #elif defined(__sun) || defined(__linux__) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
> ---
>
> > #elif defined(__sun) || defined(__linux__)
>
> 396c396
> < #elif defined(__linux__) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
> ---
>
> > #elif defined(__linux__)
>
> 415c415
> < #elif defined(__MINGW32__)
> ---
>
> > #elif defined(WIN32)
>
> I am not sure if the WIN32 to __MINGW32__ substitution is correct when
> using MINGW!
>
> Here is the modified file dvd_reader.c
>
>  <<dvd_reader.c>>
> Sincerely
>
> Björn Hermansson

Fantastic.  Intervideo WinDVD does this and it is an invaluable tool when
testing a created dvd.  I have wasted several DVD's because I didn't know
that I had this feature.  I guess I could have tested from .iso files, but
hindsight is 20/20.

Also, can anyone tell me the status of DVD menus in MPlayer?

Another side note, is there a way to set up "profiles" of formats as some
other encoders do to for example burn a dvd compatible mpg
    mencoder -i movie.avi --video-prof dvd-ntsc -o movie.mpg