[MPlayer-dev-eng] Using MPlayer [Umer Naseer]

Salvatore Falco sfalco at studenti.ing.uniroma1.it
Tue Apr 26 11:59:12 CEST 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 02:42:44PM +0500, Umer Naseer wrote:

> Dear Guillaume,
>
> I am not giving up slave mode, but I wonder why slave mode is not
> working. I even tried it by creating a pipe to mplayer. I can send u the
> code if you want.
>
> I am really doing some thing very wrong I realize. Please please guide
> me for how to start this. I would be really thankful.
>
> Please help me
>
> Regards
> Umer

    I have enough with this. You have to call mplayer with '-slave' switch:

mplayer whateveryouwanttoplay.avi -slave

then you must give the commands _on_the_console_ (no pipe!). The man says:
"MPlayer will read commands separated by a newline (\n) from stdin.", so you
simply give:

audio_delay <value> <return>

to "Adjust the audio delay by <value> seconds."

I think it is quite clear, isn't it?

--
	Saluti, Salvatore Falco