[MPlayer-dev-eng] Using MPlayer [Umer Naseer]

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Sun Apr 24 19:17:57 CEST 2005

<hotline-party-music/>

Umer Naseer wrote:
> Dear All,

Hello,

> I want to use MPlayer from another program. I want to make a simple
> application in which one program can control mplayer so that the
> program can anytime ask mplayer to run a particular .mpg file.
>
> I want a very fast switching between the videos. Because normally the
> Mplayer will be running a default video. after the event the program
> asks mplayer to switch to another video. after this newly called
> video is completed , mPlayer should seitch back to its old default
> movies that it was playing

you can launch two instances of mplayer with -wid (see manual), where
one window is visible, and the other is hidden, while both occupy the
same area on the screen. you pause the hidden one using a slave mode
command. after the event you show the other window, hide the main one
and unpause. after the other video finishes, do the opposite.

> This is very urgent please reply as early as possible.

Regards,
--
Jindrich Makovicka