[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mplayer benchmark

Arpi arpi at mplayerhq.hu
Sun Apr 24 13:42:53 CEST 2005

Hi,

> I want to do some codec benchmark, using -benchmark, I notice the
> output statistics are as following.
>

> BENCHMARK: VC: XXXXXXXs  VO: XXXXXXXs  A: XXXXXXXs  Sys:  XXXXXXXs
>
> Why audio is not devided to AO and AC? What is sys refer to? And will

problematic to separate the measurement, and also ao is usually 0.
note that vc/vo separation is not valid in many cases, thanks
to slices and direct rendering (parts of vo is done inside the codec)

> the mplayer do the fullspeed decode without sync if I use the
> -benchmark -vo null -ao null??

no. but it is when you do -nosound

A'rpi / MPlayer, Astral & ESP-team

--
Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.