[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCH to support theora-exp in mplayer

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Apr 23 16:06:30 CEST 2005

Timothy B. Terriberry wrote:

> Attached is a new version of the patch for theora-exp support.
>
> This version addresses some concerns raised by reimer and adds
> support for slice rendering.

I'm not technically competent enough to evaluate the functional aspects
of the code, but one comment on readability:

> +/*
> + * decode frame
> + */
> +static mp_image_t* decode(sh_video_t *sh,void* data,int len,int flags)
> +{

> +    /*If we're not dropping frames, get an image.*/
> +    if(!(flags&3)){

Please use a defined FLAG_NAME here, rather than an unexplanatory
number. A patch recently came through to convert some existing file(s?)
to do that, and having looked at those files in the past I really do
think it has a considerable effect on code readability.

The same usage (with the same flag number, 3) appears in at least two
other places in the patch.

--
       The Wanderer continues to stick his neck out

side of it.