[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCH to support theora-exp in mplayer

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at vt.edu
Sat Apr 23 01:18:08 CEST 2005

> I'd be happy with disabling slices in swscaler until someone's willing
> to fix them correctly. But I thought someone already did commit a
> patch related to this, IIRC..

If you want a patch without the flip, for testing purposes, see:
http://people.xiph.org/~tterribe/mplayer.theora-exp.patch-0.8.2-breaks_swscaler

The test file http://people.xiph.org/~tterribe/mobile_itu601_i_422.ogg
exhibits the problems that ensue quite well. The file is in 4:2:2
format. With -vo xv, it gets converted to YV12 by swscaler. Only the top
and bottom stripes of the current frame are displayed. A few rows from
frame (n-1) are displayed below the top stripe, a few rows below that of
(n-2), and then the rest contains frame (n-3). Needless to say, it takes
4 frames before you even get a complete picture. Around frame 66, it
appears to display a very old buffer for one frame, for no apparent
reason. With -vo gl2 or -vo png (converting to 24-bit RGB), things
appear to work fine.