[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: scanning support for .vdr files

C.Y.M syphyr at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 17:41:08 CEST 2005

Anssi Hannula wrote:

> I use parameters "-vfm ffmpeg" (actually, I added them in config file)
> as workaround so that now mplayer defaults always to ffmpeg video
> codecs, and uses it to decode the MPEG2. The fast-forwarding works
> better and it is even a little bit faster in my old laptop :)

Hi Anssi,

When using the mp3/mplayer plugin for vdr, I was just curious if there is a way
to add ffmpeg to the mplayer.sh.conf file (for example, the video out filter)?
It appears to be using the following:

# Video Out Filter lavc or fame - see mplayer DVB docs for details !
VOP="lavc=9000"

# Video out device
# most users will want the default of 'mpegpes', but users with a dxr3
VO="mpegpes"

# Audio output device and possible additional options
# most users will want the default of 'mpegpes', but users with a dxr3
AO="mpegpes"

Thanks for all your help..
Best Regards,
C.Y.M.