[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Announce] pre7 really soon or 1.0.7 soon?

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Mon Apr 11 00:05:02 CEST 2005

For these of you that have no other things to do,
here is an old idea I had told only to a few..

Lets release 1.0.7 instead of 1.0pre7

reasons:
1. We will surprise everybody.  We'll just jump over the 1.0  milestone.(well, cola party canceled, too)
1. We will never reach 1.0, there is no list of features that it should have, or at least nobody working on them.
2. We need to make an full release at least once a year or two.. Or at least more often than debian.
3. We will avoid 1.0 branch-freeze, stabilization, hype etc.
4. To get a bigger number than xine.
5. It is going to be the first neuteam full release. And we will be able to make 1.0.7pre1, right before 1.0.7 to smash obvious last minute bugs.
6. there was some other crushing argument, but I forgot it
7. 42

Fell free to vote. This is the time.

Ivan Kalvachev
 iive

P.S.
We can have everyweek release if you want to make users used to CVS versions.