[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCH: Fixes seeking based on percentage for mpg's with timestamps not starting at 0

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 2 18:13:09 CEST 2005

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 06:00:55PM +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> I don't understand what guarantees that (mpg_d->final_pts - firstpts) >
> 0 and (oldpts - firstpts).

Yeah, I've seen some mpg files which are a total mess with pts.. a popular
one, usually with DVD's, are 0:00:00, until 0:00:20, then back to 0:00:00,
and then continue until the end of the movie. Not sure what this patch does,
but IMO I'd expect MPlayer in this case to treat percentage against the entire
file, not by subsection. All MPG seeking should be against the entire file.. I
don't really see how pts should ever be considered here.

- ods15