[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Encoded mpeg2 files unusable with DVD author - could be related to mpeg muxer - SOLVED!!!

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Fri Apr 1 20:46:18 CEST 2005

VJ wrote:

>>Hi,
>>   I wish to report that the files encoded with mencder (with -of mpeg
>>-mpegopts format=dvd,tsaf=1) are no longer usable with dvdauthor
>>0.6.11.
>>  I get the following error
>>
>>STAT: Processing M:\tmp\work\Movie.mpg...
>>WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...
>>ERR:  SCR moves backwards, remultiplex input.
>>
>>Regards from
>>VJ
>>
>>I am sorry if this mail should not be sent to dev mailing list, but
>>users instead.
>>

>Sorry again. I was experimenting with tsaf option and it seemed to
>cause problem. I encoded the same program again without that option
>and it worked.
>
>Sorry again.
>
>Regards from
>VJ

are you sure?
$ mencoder  -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf -o x.mpg -oac copy -ovc
copy test.ts
[log snipped]

[root at xp Films]# dvdauthor  -o test x.mpg
DVDAuthor::dvdauthor, version 0.6.11.
Build options: gnugetopt iconv freetype
Send bugs to <dvdauthor-users at lists.sourceforge.net>

INFO: dvdauthor creating VTS
STAT: Picking VTS 01

STAT: Processing x.mpg...
STAT: VOBU 304 at 89MB, 1 PGCS
INFO: Video pts = 0.240 .. 150.800
INFO: Audio[8] pts = 0.240 .. 151.248
STAT: VOBU 313 at 93MB, 1 PGCS
WARN: GOP is not closed on cell 1 of source x.mpg of pgc 1
INFO: Generating VTS with the following video attributes:
INFO: MPEG version: mpeg2
INFO: TV standard: pal
INFO: Aspect ratio: 4:3
INFO: Resolution: 704x576
INFO: Audio ch 0 format: mp2/2ch, 48khz 20bps

STAT: fixed 313 VOBUS

as you can see it worked for me. There's no reason why it shouldn't work.